The Story of Us: 2020

     My husband knows what he is getting for Christmas this year. 

Every year he wants the same thing: The Story of Us. 

Every year I sit down and write out, month by month, the events of the year, the adventures of our family, and our hopes for the future. 

In the past, I've printed it out and included photo sheets, but a few years ago, I found out about a website called Blurb that lets me create a magazine on my computer, and for a pretty reasonable price, will ship me a one of a kind full-color book. It reminds me a lot of when I used to be a high school yearbook advisor. 

These gifts are priceless year after year, and I'm always astonished at how much I have forgotten throughout the year. 

This year was particularly painful to write as I sifted through the many pictures and events that shaped 2020. Still, the sifting is good. It gives me time to process many griefs that I had pushed to the back of my heart throughout the year to make room for new tragedies, new changes. And, as always, I am overwhelmed by the Lord's gracious faithfulness to my family. 

How do you remember the year with your family? 

 

Comments