Remember



Our passage in Sunday School this week involved Joshua reminding the Israelites to remember of all the things the Lord had done for them to. 

The Lord has been faithful to my family, too.  


 Remember 


I remember.

 

How you saved the life of Ruth Bennett’s baby boy

Who one day became my daddy

And a servant of Your gospel.

 

How you saved Juanita Blackwell’s body from the flames

And used a catholic priest visiting the hospital

To save her soul.

 

How you brought Ruth’s son and Juanita’s daughter together

To form a family

Dedicated to you.

 

How you’ve sent their children

Throughout Kern County

Throughout California

Throughout the country

Throughout the world

In service of Your gospel.

 

How you answered my prayer for a husband who loved you

And his prayer for the wife You wanted him to have.

 

How you sent me to this wild and rustic place

And gave me the courage, strength, and fortitude

To fix broken things,

To love when it’s difficult,

To serve when it hurts,

To persevere through frustrations,

To raise our children,

To love the husband whom You gave me,  

And to never stop serving Your gospel.

 

I remember.  

 

 

Comments