Multiply

 


 

We were a family.    

Dad, Mom, Sister, Brother, Me.   

One dog, some rodents.  

 

We lived in a house

That smelled like cowboy cookies

And aging hamster.

 

Played hide and go seek

Ate dinner around table

Dug holes in back yard

 

Made purple plum jam

Walked to school, roller skated.

Mom read Narnia.

 

Dad preached and sang deep.

We were the pastor’s family.

Family camp every year.  

 

Why was it urgent

That we start our own families?

Multiply we must.

 

Multiply we did.

And I would not trade my kids

For those days again.


We are still family.

Three siblings and their spouses

10 grand grandchildren.

 

But sometimes I miss

Dad, Mom, Sister, Brother, Me.

All under one roof.

 

 

 

  

Comments

  1. Those were special times.
    I am so grateful for our family. And I miss it too.
    I regularly want to go back on a road trip. I'm sure we fought most the way, but how I wish I could be back in those carefree days on the road with you, and our little group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those road trips . Had Grant you would torment me touching the back of my neck , I would turn around and smack you until we realized it was best for me to sit in the back with the girls and you sit up front. I have great feelings about your young family time. But when we all get together for memorial day or birthdays is seems even more fun with all the commotion and all of you there .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't remember fighting on road trips, just Games for the Road and more fun. And there was that time you got a fish hook stuck in your hand, Grant. Bennett brought one home from a field trip last week and all I could think was, "why would they give a kid a fish hook? He's just going to get it stuck in his hand!"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment