I Love Being Back at School!

 




Dear Readers, 

Since last September, I've been blessed to begin working toward a Digital Media and Advertising Certificate at Cerro Coso Community College online.

    I wanted to get the certificate because I believed it would help me with non-profit fundraisers and ministry advertising, but it's turned out to be much, much more! 

    Last Semester I took "Digital Imaging," and learned about design and basic photoshop skills.

I was thrilled when I realized it was essentially an art class, but with computers!  

    This Spring, I am taking "E-Commerce" to learn about how to run a business online. 

I was less thrilled when I realized it was essentially a business class....but with computers. 

(Though I am definitely more "artsy" than "business-y," it's been an extremely valuable class.) 


In addition to giving me skills I can't understand how I've been living without all these years, I'm just having a blast going to school again. 

I am grateful for online learning, which enables stay-at-home-moms like me to study any time, anywhere. 

If you've been following my memes on my facebook author page, I've been able to create those thanks in part to my new Digital Imaging Skills. 

   And by May of 2022, thanks to my new skills learned in my E-Commerce class, I'll be releasing my first poetry collection, "Why Faeries Bite: Poems from Rockriver Hill." 

Are you taking continuing education? If you could learn more about one aspect of life, what would it be? 

Comments